Blumagik Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Join us on the Podcast!  We run games each week with many different systems and genres.  Check out the Game Connector thread to see what's coming up.

Author Topic: Button Men  (Read 77 times)

bislab

• Administrator
Button Men
« on: May 09, 2017, 10:59:37 PM »

Back in the late 90s and early 2000s I used to attend scifi/game conventions pretty frequently and had a group of friends at the time that would work booths for CheapAss Games.  One of my favorite games from that era was Button Men.  Literally a button you wore that had a picture of a character and some stats on it.  Find others wearing said button and throw down some dice to duel!  Well, it's back now in a Kickstarter:  Here

Links on the page get you to a copy of the current rules and the old characters if you want to play right now.  There is also a link to a web based portal that allows you to fight your friends or strangers online!  HERE

I'd love to face some of you guys online some night ;)

bislab

• Administrator
Re: Button Men
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 08:12:27 PM »

Back in the late 90s and early 2000s I used to attend scifi/game conventions pretty frequently and had a group of friends at the time that would work booths for CheapAss Games.  One of my favorite games from that era was Button Men.  Literally a button you wore that had a picture of a character and some stats on it.  Find others wearing said button and throw down some dice to duel!  Well, it's back now in a Kickstarter:  Here

Links on the page get you to a copy of the current rules and the old characters if you want to play right now.  There is also a link to a web based portal that allows you to fight your friends or strangers online!  HERE

I'd love to face some of you guys online some night ;)

This is actually pretty damn fun online.  If anyone wants to throw down, I'm user bislab on the buttonweavers.com site and I have an open game set up.

Matchstickman

• Players
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 02:19:45 PM »

There was a lot better web versions back in ... 1999/98 when I was playing it online, but it's good to see it up and running again. Matchstickman there too.

EDIT: There's a lot more buttons than I remember!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 02:57:19 PM by Matchstickman »
Ineptitude is your superpower

bislab

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 05:22:24 PM »

We can make SSM buttons!  You just know Nick's character would be full of shadow dice.....