Blumagik Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Join us on the Podcast!  We run games each week with many different systems and genres.  Check out the Game Connector thread to see what's coming up.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Game session dates  (Read 2585 times)

Shush

• Players
Re: Game session dates for Sprawl
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2017, 09:26:29 PM »

There will not be a Sprawl game on the 10th.   At least not one run by me.  With the amount of snow I'm supposed to get where I live, there is a good possibility that I will lose power.  So I'm planning on no game.

Now, Feb 17th, on the other hand, is another matter!  Should be ample time for people to let me know of their interest playing.

Let's bump this up to the top of the Recent Posts...

Shush

• Players
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2017, 05:08:48 PM »

There will be no game of Sprawl tonight, as no one has posted a reply, which is just as well since I donated blood and feel like laying down.

Out of consideration for the Red Markets game, there will be no Sprawl game for the the 24th, either.   Next possible game day is March 3rd.

Please post if you are available.

Shush

• Players
« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2017, 12:27:44 AM »

Next possible game day for Sprawl is this Friday, March the 3rd.  Taking all comers.

mgb2625

• Players
Re: Game session dates
« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2017, 06:53:44 PM »

I am available.

I'm trying to stay out Argos in fate core. What would the planning skill be? Planning is a huge part of who he is and it seems like such a shame to make that soley a role playing consideration
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 07:14:09 PM by mgb2625 »

bislab

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2017, 07:15:26 PM »

I am available.

I'm trying to stay out Argos in fate core. What would the planning skill be? Planning is a huge part of who he is and it seems like such a shame to make that soley a role playing consideration

In my opinion there wouldn't be a particular skill for 'planning'.  Instead various aspects and stunts should represent how well he can plan.

bislab

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2017, 07:16:25 PM »

Stephen, until May I'm going to be out of Friday games.  I'm doing editing and writing work for two different kickstarters that are going live in the next two months and have to use Fridays as 'work' days to get these done.

Shush

• Players
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2017, 08:56:29 PM »

Stephen, until May I'm going to be out of Friday games.  I'm doing editing and writing work for two different kickstarters that are going live in the next two months and have to use Fridays as 'work' days to get these done.

This is like the worst news!  I shall endeavor to soldier on until you can rejoin the fold.

I am available.

I'm trying to stat out Argos in fate core. What would the planning skill be? Planning is a huge part of who he is and it seems like such a shame to make that soley a role playing consideration

In my opinion there wouldn't be a particular skill for 'planning'.  Instead various aspects and stunts should represent how well he can plan.

Yep.  This. 

As Bert says, there is no skill that would encompass 'Planning.'*  The closest would be 'Investigate', which would be used to uncover information.  Information that you would then use to formulate a plan.

Of course, I would do one of two things in Fate to simulate a Planning montage in Fate.  (And to be clear for everyone reading this, we have not converted the Sprawl game over to the Fate system.  It has been talked about in passing, but not discussed in great length.)

The First is to have you run through a planning narrative where you run through the various info-gathering skills that you have to bring to bare (namely Investigate, Contacts, and probably Burglary) and having you roll to create advantages.  The Tags you create through these advantage rolls would be the benefits you would reap for good planning.  If some other skill could conceivably be rolled to create an advantage as part of the plan, this would be the time to do it.

The second one would be that I would call for a Challenge.  https://fate-srd.com/fate-core/challenges  Calling for a challenge is really more of a maybe in this case.  It heavily depends on whether you have any time pressures or some other constraint or not as otherwise there is not always a lot of tension starting out in our games of Sprawl.  More likely is that Challenges would arise as you try and pull off the various stages of the plan the characters come up with.

I would also recommend taking a stunt of some sort that would play to your advantage whenever you plan something.  What would that be?  I have no idea.  I'd just have veto power in this hypothetical situation.

(*Fate, of course, allows us the flexibility to simply make up a skill called 'planning' if we wanted to, but it's too narrow in application to justify its own skill in my opinion.)

Shush

• Players
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2017, 08:27:35 PM »

I am available.

Logos has let me know that he will play as well, so now I have my requisite two players.  Most Excellent!  Game will start at 8:00p.m. Eastern and I should be on about an hour beforehand prepping for the game if anyone needs me.

Anybody else that decides to randomly show up is also welcome.

mgb2625

• Players
« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2017, 05:35:27 PM »

As predicted, I am not going to be available this Friday

Shush

• Players
« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2017, 08:58:42 PM »

As predicted, I am not going to be available this Friday

Terrible news!  That is Two player down, as Bert has taken a gaming arrow to the knee until May.  Are there other players up for a game of Sprawl on the 10th?

Shush

• Players
« Reply #130 on: March 10, 2017, 05:04:08 PM »

Are there other players up for a game of Sprawl on the 10th?

No Sprawl heroes stepped forward so I there will be no Sprawl game tonight.

Shush

• Players
« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2017, 05:53:01 AM »

I can and will run a Sprawl game on the 24th if I have the requisite two players.

Shush

• Players
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2017, 05:04:42 PM »

I can and will run a Sprawl game on the 24th if I have the requisite two players.

Past 8:00 pm Eastern and no takers.  It'll have to wait until next week.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]